Re: regresssion script hole

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Subject: Re: regresssion script hole
Date: 2006-06-19 00:43:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Anyway, the tail end of the trace
>shows it repeatedly sending off a UDP packet and getting practically the
>same data back:
>

>I'm not too up on what the DNS protocol looks like on-the-wire, but I'll
>bet this is it. I think it's trying to look up "kaltenbrunner.cc" and
>failing.

Why are we actually looking up anything? Just so we can bind to a
listening socket?

Anyway, maybe the box needs a lookup line in its /etc/resolv.conf to
direct it to use files first, something like

lookup file bind

Stefan, can you look into that? It would be a bit ugly if it's calling
DNS (and failing) to resolve localhost.

cheers

andrew