slony / press??

From: Jussi Mikkola <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: slony / press??
Date: 2006-06-16 14:32:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

I have noticed, that Slony is about to have a new version soon. (I think
some of the Slony people are on this list.)

I was wondering, if pgsql-advocacy is going to do something around this?
For example press releases? I think replication is one of those things
that people ask most, and a Slony press release would also bring more
media space for postgresql.

I haven't seen any press related stuff on the Slony mailing list, so I
don't know what the people working on Slony think about this.

I just want to start the discussion. And of course, there are also other
projects than Slony that could benefit of a similar co-operation. Maybe
we should consider those too.

Rgs,

Jussi
PostgreSQL contact in Finland