Re: Dump public schema ownership & seclabels

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Asif Rehman <asifr(dot)rehman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Dump public schema ownership & seclabels
Date: 2021-06-29 16:32:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gaur&dt=2021-06-29%2001%3A43%3A14

>> I'm too tired to look at it right now, but remembering that that's
>> running an old Perl version, I wonder if there's some Perl
>> incompatibility here.

> That's at least part of the problem, based on experiments on a machine with
> Perl 5.8.4. That machine can't actually build PostgreSQL. I've pushed a
> necessary fix, though I'm only about 80% confident about it being sufficient.

gaur is still plugging away on a new run, but it got past the
pg_dump-check step, so I think you're good.

prairiedog has a similar-vintage Perl, so likely it would have shown the
problem too; but it's slow enough that it never saw the intermediate state
between these commits.