A web based rewards management system for philip.immirzi@yahoo.co.uk

From: bob gmx <Bob(dot)Wheldon(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A web based rewards management system for philip.immirzi@yahoo.co.uk
Date: 2006-06-08 03:33:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Can you help a colleague? philip(dot)immirzi(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

He is looking for the following:-

> Okay here goes with a v brief requirement:
>
> + A web based rewards management system (a points scheme like
> mypoints, ipoints, rpoints),
>
> + Versatile content management system + community,
>
> + CRMS / email marketing system (or use a white-listed third party),
>
> + Easily skinned,
>
> + Powerful product, retailer, manufacturer directory, with - rate and
> reviews functionality , price comparison (eventually)
>
> + Ability to import and update large datasets easily,
>
> + Ability to serve own content and others content, maybe using
> xml/xsl, easily & fast
>
> + All with some clever back-end functions, stats, fraud prevention …
>
> I want to skew rewards for green / ethical / fair-trade products /
> services and use affiliate schemes like trade-doubler & CJ to get
> commissions which are recycled, but u get points whatever you buy (you
> cannot be good all o the time), but more if you buy green. You collect
> points and redeem for vouchers or donate to charity. Some of the
> commission goes to planet saving schemes.
>
> I discovered joomla recently, and I reckon you could do this through
> it, drupal or similar, plus stuff like oscommerce, phpbb, phplist,
> h2desk, for a very low initial outlay. When stumbled on the CMS Plone
> and remembered you talking enthusiastically about zope and python
> (good enuf for google is good enuf 4 me).
>
> Anyway the rewards system, which tracks links to completed
> transactions, is well beyond my primitive abilities. Also is my
> directory requirement combined with rewards actually actually just a
> modified shop?
>
> I don’t have a large budget, so was wondering about procuring in
> eastern Europe or India – am I completely mad?
>
> Any ideas?

Best Regards/MfG,

Bob Wheldon

Mobile +49 179 5061083
Private/Privat Bob(dot)Wheldon(at)gmx(dot)de
bob(dot)wheldon(at)gmail(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
Bob.Wheldon.vcf text/x-vcard 217 bytes