Re: UTF8

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bakos Sandor <dr_saca(at)freemail(dot)hu>
Subject: Re: UTF8
Date: 2006-06-02 10:05:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, Bakos,

Please keep the discussion on the list, so others can help or, by
reading the archives, learn.

Bakos Sandor wrote:

> I dont understand because we have a java application which work about a
> year.
> Yesterday we chancge the psql version from 7.4 to 8.1.4 and we get this
> exception.

Ah, it is an interesting information that you updated your system, you
did not tell us about this before.

I can see two possible reasons for this:

- The database encoding changed during the upgrade. (was your old
database encoded in ASCII or utf8?)

- You update the driver as well (newer pgjdbc drivers are more strict
wr/t client encodings).

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS