Re: Bad copy-n-paste on character conversion fix - how screwed am I?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "C(dot) Bensend" <benny(at)bennyvision(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad copy-n-paste on character conversion fix - how screwed am I?
Date: 2005-05-03 01:47:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

"C. Bensend" <benny(at)bennyvision(dot)com> writes:
> The following erroneous command was entered:
> UPDATE pg_proc SET proacl = '{=}'
> ;
> .. instead of the correct one (missing the WHERE clause). It
> updated 1747 rows - oh crap.

Always a good idea to do this kind of thing inside a BEGIN block ;-)

As far as the system functions are concerned, you can just set the
proacl column to NULL (ie, default) and that'll be fine for everything
except the character conversion functions.

As far as user-defined functions are concerned, NULL probably works for
most of them too, but you would want to consult a recent backup to see
if any were not like that.