Changing types without DROP...CASCADE

From: Bawer Dagdeviren <bawer(at)pucpac(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing types without DROP...CASCADE
Date: 2006-05-19 11:14:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi!

My name is Bawer Dagdeviren, I currently work as a developer for a small
firm in Sweden, mainly creating web-applications in the dotNet-Framework.
I'm new to this list and I have been using pgAdmin for some time now.
It's a really good product, so I'd like to see some features added and
generally help with development whenever I have time to spare.

I'll start with a question:
Have you guys thought about making it possible to alter a type
definition (CREATE TYPE) without having to DROP...CASCADE on all stored
procedures using
that type? I have missed this feature too many times now that I would
like to help implement it, or at least make the issue known if it isn't.

Essentially what need to happen is a DROP...CASCADE of all functions
using that type and then recreating them again, right? What do you think?

Well met,

Bawer