Re: Find min and max values across two columns?

From: Emi Lu <emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Amos Hayes <ahayes(at)polkaroo(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Find min and max values across two columns?
Date: 2006-05-15 21:40:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I tried "select greatest(max(a), max(b)) from public.test", but I got
the following errors:

ERROR: function greatest(integer, integer) does not exist
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.

May I know where I can read the docs about greatest & least please.

I am using PostgreSQL 8.0.7.

Thanks,
Ying