Re: Dumping the banner ads

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Dumping the banner ads
Date: 2006-05-11 16:34:13
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert,

> Could osmeone share the details of this program with me? I might be able to
> work out a similar arrangement with Apress depending on the details.

Actually, you can't, since we're eliminating the banner ads.

But what happened is that Pearson offered to ship us a box and a half of
Korry's book in exchange for a banner ad. They did this in 2002 as
well, and we gave away those books at LWE-SF and at JPUG.

I'll get in touch with Kit and ship the books so that we can have them
for upcomming conferences.

--Josh