Re: [pgadmin-support] Segmentation fault in GUI

From: Andrew Lazarus <andrew(at)pillette(dot)com>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, PgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Segmentation fault in GUI
Date: 2006-05-09 17:44:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

I can try to find some time for this (I am the only programmer in this
company!), but it's become a lower priority because I got pgadmin up and
running by using an earlier rpm of wxGTK--
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/extras/5/i386/wxGTK-2.6.2-5.fc5.i386.rpm

Thanks for your help.

Raphaël Enrici wrote:
> Andrew Lazarus wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I've never built pgadmin from source, only installed the
>> rpm. I uninstalled the wxGTK rpm and I tried to build wxGTK from
>> source and slam the output libraries into /usr/lib, and I can do that,
>> but what something is missing or won't link with pgadmin.
>>
>> Would you like me to go through the docs and try a pgadmin build?
>
> If you have a minute or so, maybe you can try to rebuild the RPMs from
> Source RPM?
> They are available on our mirrors in the srpm directory.
> (http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.4.2/fedora-core-4/srpm/)
>
> It should be relatively straight, something like:
> (as root)
> rpm -i pgadmin3-1.4.2-1.src.rpm
> cd /usr/src/redhat(<-or something else, I don't have FC here)/
> rpm -ba ./SPECS/pgadmin3.spec
>

>> For the record, most recently I used this wxGTK although I tried others:
>>
>> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/extras/4/i386/wxGTK-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.1.fc4.i386.html
>>

> Ok, so we are using similar version number.
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Raphaël

Attachment Content-Type Size
andrew.vcf text/x-vcard 298 bytes