Re: FW: code to cancel a running query, worker thread

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: "surabhi(dot)ahuja" <surabhi(dot)ahuja(at)iiitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: code to cancel a running query, worker thread
Date: 2006-05-08 01:12:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

surabhi.ahuja wrote:

> Is the above peice of code fine, does the problem lie in the code which
> calls the executeQuery of QueryExecutor?

Really, this sounds like a threading problem in your code that you need
to solve yourself.

If you can show a testcase showing the driver doing something wrong ..
or a thread dump where a thread is stuck in the driver .. now that is
more interesting.

Otherwise it is just-another-threading-problem; I looked at your code
briefly but it is not particularly clear what its behaviour is meant to
be (i.e. it has "no obvious bugs" rather than "obviously no bugs" ;-)

-O