Help-Viewer awefully slow when using the trackpad to scroll

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help-Viewer awefully slow when using the trackpad to scroll
Date: 2006-05-08 01:07:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

I just noticed that the Help-View of pgadmin3 is awefully slow on osx when
I scroll using the trackpad (Putting two fingers on the trackpad, and moving
them up and down is the "scroll-wheel" äquivalent for trackpads on osx).

This scrolling-method isn't natively support on my notebook by apple - I use
an open-source trackpad driver called iScroll, which supports this on older
macs too. Trackpad-Scrolling works fine in all other apps, so it can't be soley
the fault of the driver...

Scrolling is acceptably fast (but could still be a bit faster) when using the
scrollbar - I guess using the trackpad somehow generates too many scroll-events
per second, and the helpview just redraws the screen over and over, instead of
ignoring a few of this events..

Is there anything pgadmin could do to solve that, or is this the fault of wx?
It's not a terrible important problem, but it's annoying if you're used to
scroll using the trackpad..

greetings, Florian Pflug