Mac OS X ODBC Driver - compile errors - need help

From: Hendrik Koch <koch-lists(at)burgerware(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mac OS X ODBC Driver - compile errors - need help
Date: 2006-05-02 22:04:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I try to build the odbc driver on Mac OS X 10.4.6 (gcc4) and have no
success. Btw., there were no problems building the postgresql server.

I downloaded the stable version from postgresql.org
(psqlodbc-08.01.0200.tar.gz)
I got past configure, but when i issue a "make", it starts and soon
errors appear until it stops, here are the last 4 lines of the process:

results.c: In function 'PGAPI_GetCursorName':
results.c:3292: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'strncpy_null' differ in signedness
make[1]: *** [results.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

All of the errors are of the same kind: pointer targets [...] differ in
signedness
I don't know how to proceed - i just like to have this odbc driver.
Did somebody build this? Can anyone help me? Is there a binary build out
there?

Thanks,

Hendrik.