Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
Date: 2006-04-30 16:23:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

That's in frmQuery only, right? If so, the local solution is fine. If
it's more global, it should go somehow to dlgClasses.

> Please restore the functionality or I will back out the patch until it is completed in it's entirety.

Which functionality?

> You complain about the work that led to significant speed increase from the original code, but at least we busted a gut to make sure it didn't break any existing functionality.

Again: I said early enough the base was wrong. And I didn't see *any*
speed increase on linux. Probably, any virtual solution will be ok, but
any non-virtual solution *cant* be ok.

>>It's not a problem of the factories, they do what they should and will
>>work *if used*.
>

> Like I said, I'll look at this. I didn't grok that the failed attempt you mentioned was only a minor rejig.

It should have been, but things are horribly intervowen. I'd have to
understand in detail what's going on to continue, because apparently
removing MNU_XXX entries would kill methods too.

Regards,
Andreas