Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
Date: 2006-04-30 16:01:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: "Andreas Pflug"<pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Sent: 30/04/06 16:19:51
To: "Dave Page"<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>

> It wasn't removed explicitely, but the underlying class that didn't meet
> the requirement was backed out. You've painted the wall before
> wallpapering it.

Quickreport sat over that class as well - is that now broken too?

Please restore the functionality or I will back out the patch until it is completed in it's entirety.

You complain about the work that led to significant speed increase from the original code, but at least we busted a gut to make sure it didn't break any existing functionality.

> It's not a problem of the factories, they do what they should and will
> work *if used*.

Like I said, I'll look at this. I didn't grok that the failed attempt you mentioned was only a minor rejig.

/D