Re: SQL Rule

From: Kenneth Downs <ken(at)secdat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Rule
Date: 2006-04-27 11:05:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Bert wrote:

>This rule is creating first of all the insert and then i can run an
>Update on this insert, so far its functioning. Your definition is quite
>good but what are doing when you change the table definition? Rewrite
>all Rules?

I actually use a data dictionary processor that automatically generates
the trigger code and also modifies table structures. Your example would
look like this:

table example {
column { col_A; col_B; }
column col_C {
chain calc {
test { return: @col_A + @col_B; }
}
}

This tool, called "Andromeda" is available for download if you like, but
we consider the current version "pre-Alpha". The entire feature set is
defined and I use it for all of my projects, but we are still
stabilizing and documenting. If you are interested in being a very
early adopter, drop me a line off-list.

Attachment Content-Type Size
ken.vcf text/x-vcard 186 bytes