Re: Postgresql 7.3 on Red Hat Enterprise 5 (Problem with SEMMNI, SEMMNS)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Darek Czarkowski <dczarkowski(at)infinitesource(dot)ca>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.3 on Red Hat Enterprise 5 (Problem with SEMMNI, SEMMNS)
Date: 2007-09-10 14:54:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Darek Czarkowski <dczarkowski(at)infinitesource(dot)ca> writes:
> I am sorry, it seams that my last replay never reached the list.
> I was looking for the list of changes for each version, but this document i=
> s bundled with the source. I believe it is the fix introduced in version 7.=
> 3.5:
> "* Fix insertion of expressions containing subqueries into rule bodies"
> Above line is from HISTORY file, and our application is just abusing this f=
> eature.

BTW, I checked the CVS logs, and AFAICT this entry refers to the bug
and patch shown in this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-10/msg00888.php
I'd be interested to know how your application is depending on the
ability to get an "ExecEvalExpr: unknown expression type 108" failure.