Re: Query grid

From: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query grid
Date: 2006-04-03 16:06:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> A correct implementation has *no* retrieval time, just some
> microseconds of setting up the virtual control.

Do you have any advice on how exactly to implement that behavior?

It looked like the View Data grid did it by only retrieving the actual
results as they were needed. When I started on this, you were rather
firm that the way the results were retrieved should not be altered in
any way.

If you want, I'll look into merging the virtual table from the View Data
grid with the results grid.

Ed