Re: Query grid

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query grid
Date: 2006-04-03 15:05:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>>and we've already seen
>>
>>>that the grid can be significantly faster than the list.
>>
>>This is plain wrong. I never said the current listview
>>implementation is good; it isn't. But to rewrite it with
>>wxVIRTUAL or however the style is called is for sure easier
>>than doing it with wxGrid.
>

> Actually you've said on a number of occasions that the current
> implementation is limited by the OS's underlying controls; for example:

Yes, when using the non-virtual versions. They're managing their data
most ineffectively. That's why the TODO item is there for ages now.

If the current implementation isn't rewritten, I'll commit a virtual
rewrite of wxListView based ctlSqlResult (as soon as I find the time,
which will certainly not be this week). It will probably require more
work on frmQuery (remove the ctl filling loop, no need for the second
timing display) than on the ctl itself, making it incompatible to
ctlSqlResult implementations that are not managing their data virtually.

Regards,
Andreas