Re: Connecting

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting
Date: 2006-03-29 16:12:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Bob Pawley wrote:

> Do I somehow have the wrong driver for my version of Postgresql or is
> there something in Postgresql that I need to switch on???
>
> Bob Pawley

Hi Bob,
Make sure you have the listen_addresses setting in postgresql.conf set to *

listen_addresses = '*' # what IP address(es) to listen on;
# comma-separated list of addresses;
# defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all

Also make sure you have a entry in the pg_hba.conf file that allows your
remote host to connect, you can either specify a explicit host or you
can allow whole subnets access.

These files are located(at least on my PC :-) :C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\data

Hope this helps,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Your best bet for Postgresql Administration