Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields

From: Johann Zuschlag <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields
Date: 2006-03-29 15:12:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ludek Finstrle schrieb:
>> The last query is equivalent with:
>> select name from kunde where name = 'ö'
>>
>> So I'm not surprised with the result ;-)
>>
>> What is the locale for backend? Isn't this the real problem?

Hi Luf,

sure, that is the same, but the result is 0 lines for both. :-)

test-latin1=# select name from kunde where name = 'ö';
name
------
(0 Zeilen)

the psql driver is definitely better than ever. In my (humble) opinion
we don't need two drivers anymore. Thanks a lot for your work. So far
all my tests with UNICODE, LATIN1 and SQL-ASCII databases seem to work
with the new 7.02.260 driver on Win XP, (i.e. insert, update, select)

My set-up is:

PostgreSQL 8.0X on Debian Sarge
Unicode or LATIN1 or SQL-ASCII Database

locale=de_DE

de_DE.ISO-8859-1 (default)
de_DE.UTF-8
de_DE(dot)UTF-8(at)euro
de_DE(dot)ISO-8859-15(at)euro

changing to de_DE didn't change anything, client_encoding didn't help,
since the problem doesn't seem to be related to the driver.

Hiroshi tracked down the problem by doing the same query with the
psql.-client. So you may be right that this an old problem.

regards,
Johann