Converting a database from LATIN1 to UTF-8

From: Tormod Omholt-Jensen <tormod(at)boostcom(dot)no>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Converting a database from LATIN1 to UTF-8
Date: 2006-03-27 11:32:33
Lists: pgsql-general

We are upgrading our systems to handle new languages and therefore we
need to change the encoding of our postgres database from LATIN1 to UTF-8.

I have pg_dumped the database and imported it into the new UTF-8 base.
It seems like this worked just fine.

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct way to do it?

--
Tormod Omholt-Jensen
Developer