Re: question about the admin contrib module and binary

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question about the admin contrib module and binary
Date: 2006-03-22 21:52:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> Which is one very good reason why it should be a separate RPM, no? If
> it were in the contrib RPM then you could not install that RPM *at all*
> on a machine that didn't have all of pgadmin's dependencies. I don't
> know offhand what its dependencies are, but I'd imagine they include a
> fair number of "GUI" packages.
>
> regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,
I don't think it has any PG Admin dependencies, it's just a set of c
functions that allow the user to manipulate files
on the server. i.e. for updating the pg_hba.conf and the postgresql.conf.

It needs a source install of Postgresql not pgAdmin to compile.

All I am trying to say is that it should be included in this file:
postgresql-contrib-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm
so binary linux users can use it almost as easy as the binary win32 users.

Later,

Tony