Re: using libpq with the free Borland compiler or DEV-cpp

From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-interfaces(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: using libpq with the free Borland compiler or DEV-cpp
Date: 2006-03-21 14:56:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Zlati wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to tell the compiler bcc or DEV-cpp to use this library. i have installed postgresql 8.1.3. i have only this libpq.dll.

When I was "playing" with this the other day I noticed that bcc32.mak caused
blibpq.dll to be created, rather than libpq.dll. With the major caveat that I am
not an experienced C/C++ deveopler: I suggest building psql.exe using the
Borland tools, then investigating the makefiles to see how they were causing the
blibpq stub to be linked.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk