Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)

From: Seneca Cunningham <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Riccardo Mottola <multix(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)
Date: 2006-03-16 19:52:48
Lists: pgsql-ports

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 3/16/06, *Seneca Cunningham* <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info
> <mailto:scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>> wrote:
> My gcc build is like that and I was the one who built it to replace
> another build of gcc. gcc doesn't seem to like float.h on AIX and just
> uses its own as part of fixincludes; math.h comes out in a more intact
> state. This means that on AIX versions where math.h also contains
> FP_PLUS_INF (and the rest of that block of defines), the defines do
> occur. It would appear that 4.2 doesn't also contain the necessary
> defines as part of math.h (protected by an #ifndef on 5.3).
>

> yes, that seems to be it: float.h gets replaced and I don't have the
> defines in math.h too thus you have more redundancy. I might just hack
> the gcc include at this point.
> fixinclude b0rked it.

I took a quick look at gcc 4.0.1's build scripts (what I'm running). It
would appear that gcc blindly replaces limits.h, float.h, iso646.h,
stdarg.h, stdbool.h, stddef.h, varargs.h, and unwind.h. Of these,
limits.h is the only one that then includes the native header. They
aren't modified by fixincludes. fixincludes takes a hack at the other
headers that end up in gcc's include directory.