Maximum Execution Timeout Error!!

From: Gurudutt <guru(at)indvalley(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Maximum Execution Timeout Error!!
Date: 2001-12-19 09:28:51
Lists: pgsql-php pgsql-sql

Hello,

I am using POSTGRESQL Version 7.1.3 and PHP to implement a call center
software. We have real -time updations and querying on the database
almost every 30 seconds.

I am using PEAR DB to realize data abstraction layer.

I am regularly doing VACUUM ANALYZE. I don't know what is making the
system to be very slow, but it takes nearly a minute plus execution
time to do simple fetch operations.

How do I make the system, to perform much faster.

Sometimes I also get the following error..

------- ERROR STARTS------

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in DB/pgsql.php on line 163

------- ERROR ENDS------

--
Best regards,
Gurudutt mailto:guru(at)indvalley(dot)com

Life is not fair - get used to it.
Bill Gates