Re: insensitive collations

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: insensitive collations
Date: 2019-01-16 13:20:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > On a table with pre-existing contents, the creation of a unique index
> > does not seem to detect the duplicates that are equal per the
> > collation and different binary-wise.
>
> Fixed in the attached updated patch.

Check. I've found another issue with aggregates over distinct:
the deduplication seems to ignore the collation.

postgres=# select distinct x from test3ci; -- OK
-----
def
abc
ghi
(3 rows)

postgres=# select count(distinct x) from test3ci; -- not OK
count
-------
4
(1 row)

postgres=# select array_agg(distinct x) from test3ci; -- not OK
array_agg
{ABC,abc,def,ghi}
(1 row)

Best regards,