Re: Query results in grid, new patch

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query results in grid, new patch
Date: 2006-03-06 03:36:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> I have been unable to make it misbehave on XP. I haven't tried OSX or
>> Linux as I don't have either to hand atm. Can you give me a precise
>> example to test? I have had complete success copying individual cells,
>> groups of rows, groups of columns and arbitrary blocks of cells.
> I'm current building a version of pgadmin3-trunk with this
> patch included. Should show up as pgadmin3-test in the
> snapshots folder on developer.pgadmin.org in an hour or
> two (That G3 really takes ages to compile pgadmin... ;-) ).
Hi

I've finally come around to testing the new grid on osx, I must
say that I'm really impressed. It seems much more responsive than
the old one to me, and being able to copy rows, cols and fields
to the clipboard really rockts. I have to rather small suggestions, though

.) Ctrl-A (or Cmd-A on OSX) should select the whole table - it's
a rather well established UI-standard I believe to let Ctrl-A/Cmd-A
select the whole "whatever" you are currently editing.

.) Could the initial size of the columns be choosen so, that the captions
are not cut off? Or, even better, pgadmin could remember the with of the columns
between selects, at least if the captions stay the same...

.) On OSX, the gray background looks rather strange, white would be a better choice I believe.

Still, great work

Greetings, Florian Pflug