Re: Deinstallation

From: Andy Shellam <andy(at)andycc(dot)net>
To: Moritz Bayer <moritz(dot)bayer(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deinstallation
Date: 2006-02-23 16:28:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Moritz - you got 8.1.3 going then? Excellent :-D

You need to try a number of things to find the exact package for 7.4 to
remove.

Firstly, see if either apt-get or yum is installed on your system. Then
you can do

apt-get remove pgsql
apt-get remove postgres
apt-get remove postgresql

(or replace apt-get with yum) - one of the above should work.

Make sure BEFORE YOU CONFIRM the uninstall that it is only removing the
7.4 PGSQL binaries and nothing else.

Regards

Andy

--
the mail network - an alternative in a standardised world Andy Shellam
*the mail network (Server Support)*

0 845 838 0879 Phone
www.mailnetwork.co.uk <http://www.mailnetwork.co.uk> Web
andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk
<mailto:andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk> E-mail