Re: group by complications

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: Mark Fenbers <Mark(dot)Fenbers(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: PostgreSQL - SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: group by complications
Date: 2006-02-16 22:41:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Mark,

Mark Fenbers schrieb:
> Wow! I didn't know you could have a (select ...) as a replacement for a
> 'from' table/query. Your SQL worked as-is, except I had to add a 'limit
> 1' to the first subquery.
>
> Thanks! I would have never figured that out on my own!

SQL has more power than most think, and PostgreSQL does a good job in
implementing most of it. Much more than some other well known "free"
databases.

Have a look at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-select.html
and the other SQL commands at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-commands.html (or your