Re: Finding the pqlib version

From: Christoph Zwerschke <cito(at)online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding the pqlib version
Date: 2006-02-15 10:41:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
>> Which do you think would be the right package/feature category for
>> pg_config for Linux/Windows? devel and Development->Tools/utilities?
>
> I'm not sure what these categories are supposed to mean but they don't
> sound wrong. To gauge the correct placement I would say that whenever
> you install libpq-fe.h you should get pg_config in the same
> package/module/installation.

The problem is that the Windows installer has the "Development" feature
subdivided into "Include files", "Library files", "PGXS files" and
"Tools and utilities". Installing pg_config along with the include files
would be confusing in this case.

By the way, putting the "Library files" under "Development" seems a bit
unlucky, too. It should be on the top level instead. Where should such a
suggestion be sent to? pgsql-patches?

-- Christoph