pg_xlog location

From: Arnau <arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_xlog location
Date: 2006-02-14 11:38:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I'd like to place the database transaction log (pg_xlog) to a
separeted disk. I haven't found any place in the configuration to
specify the location of this log. Googling a bit I have found the following:

1. Shut it down the database.
2. Move data/pg_xlog to another drive.
3. Symlink data/pg_xlog to this other drive.
4. Restart the database.

and I'm wondering, is this the way to do it? or there is a better way?

Thanks