Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and

From: Mike Ellsworth <nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date: 2006-02-10 21:37:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert Treat wrote:

<Of course I haven't figured out where PHP/Zend fits into this... maybe
to help make php/mysql less ubiquitous. >

Just a guess - but it may be related to IBM's Open Ajax initiative.

Presumably, web-apps are a big part of Oracle's future plans. If they
own the better-known power tools, they'll be better able to control the
web app "construction process" and help hatch more Salesforce dot com's,
which I believe use Oracle.

Next salvo could come from Adobe/Macromedia. They'll need to enter the
fray soon.

I think there is PG lemonade to be made from the lemons.