Re: BUG #2236: extremely slow to get unescaped bytea data

From: Kalador Tech Support <support(at)kalador(dot)com>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2236: extremely slow to get unescaped bytea data
Date: 2006-02-09 16:40:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

You guys are smart!

Apache was running against an old libpq. I shutdown apache, updated
/etc/ld.so.conf with the postgres lib dir, ran ldconfig, restarted
apache, and the problem went away.

The old libpq was libpq.so.3.0 (pre-installed on machine). The new one
is libpq.so.3.2 (installed with 8.0.1)

Sorry for the false alarm - thanks for the help.

Kai Ronan
Technical Support
Kalador Entertainment Inc.