Database Comparison tool?

From: Nicholas Walker <nick(at)howsmymusic(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Comparison tool?
Date: 2006-02-08 18:22:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Are there any tools that can compare a database schema, and produce sql
of the changes from one version to the next.

We have a development server, and it would be great to be able to just
run a tool, where we could produce the changes, review it, and then
commit to production.

Or is there a system table that will give me the last modification date
of a table/view/procedure, etc, etc...