Re: Seeking a better PL/pgSQL editor-debugger

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Ken Winter <ken(at)sunward(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Seeking a better PL/pgSQL editor-debugger
Date: 2006-01-28 20:02:16
Lists: pgsql-general

There is a better editor available:
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/lightning_admin.php

I invite you to try it out :-)

It provides all the find/replace goto line number etc, many of the
features of a IDE such as Delphi 2006 or VS, it also has super nice
tabbed based MDI.
We also offer code completion for schemas, user functions and built in
functions.

I will probably get flamed but PG Admin III's function editing is not
much better than notepad.

The server provides the error messages, and on versions before 8.0 they
did not do much checking at all.
Version 8.1 does the best checking and I advise you to upgrade your
server, it's not that difficult.

Another thing to keep in mind is if you restore a dump from 7.x to 8.x
it will not do any checking unless you make a tweak, see this article:
http://www.milwaukeesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83

As far as I know this affects 8.0 and 8.1, I am sure someone will
correct me if I am wrong :-)

Hope this helps,

--
Tony Caduto