Re: ERROR: The backend has broken the connection -- AND: FATAL:

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Andres Olarte <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Antonio Rodriguez Anaya <arodriguez(at)dia(dot)uned(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: The backend has broken the connection -- AND: FATAL:
Date: 2006-01-25 00:40:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Andres Olarte wrote:
> What backend version are you using? I seems you are using a very old
> version of the backend (server) and the driver is trying to comunicate
> in a newer protocol. Theres a way to change the protocol, using the
> connection string, but I think it will be better to update the server to
> the newest version.

The driver automatically falls back to the older v2 protocol when
necessary. It tries the v3 protocol initially, which is what produces
the "unsupported frontend protocol" error on the server side, and then
falls back to v2 when that fails.

Antonio, can you try to reproduce this with debug logging enabled (add
"?loglevel=2" to the end of your JDBC URL), and send me the resulting
debug output to me off-list?

-O