Re: some question about SavePoint ?

From: zhaoxin <zhaox(at)necas(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some question about SavePoint ?
Date: 2006-01-23 03:27:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ludek Finstrle wrote:
>>>There is some common known bugs in 08.01.0102 in implicit rollback.
>>>Do you try latest development snapshot?
>>>Maybe 08.01.0106 could better fit you. I don't know. We have some report
>>>about similar problem (but reporter doesn't mentioned his psqlodbc
>>>version).
>>
>>Do you mean that in 08.01.0106 I must not use the Savepoint to ignore
>>some error ?? When error occurred in 08.01.0106, It can be continued to
>>execute SQL without executing rollback first ???
>

> There is some changes with implicit rollback in autocommit = on. I don't
You mean I can use autocommit = on and begin a transaction manually???
Is the implicit rollback to rollback all before ???
> know your situation exactly so it should or shouldn't help you.
> The answer is:
> Maybe yes. You have to try.

My situation is like this , can you help me :
1.set autocommit = off ;
2.for(i=0;i<len;i++){
insert into test(c1,c2) values(i,'a');
if dupkey error occur then
update test set c2 = 'b';--error:rollback first???
else {
rollback and return;
}
}
3.commit;

I want to do like this:
1. set autocommit = off ;
2. for(i=0;i<len;i++){
savepoint sp;
insert into test(c1,c2) values(i,'a');
release savepoint sp;
if dupkey error occur then
rollback to sp;
update test set c2 = 'b';
else{
rollback and return;
}
}
3.commit;

Can I use another way to implenment this ? (don't use the savepoint)
thanks.

Regards,
zhao

--

以上、よろしくお願いいたします。

Zhao Xin
NEC-CAS Software Laboratories Co.,Ltd.
Tel : 8233-4433-425
Telnet : 8-0086-22-425
E-mail: zhaox(at)necas(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)cn