PgFoundry Move

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 18:26:06
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello,

In the essence of being efficient I would like to suggest that we move
Pgfoundry. I know we have been trying to "migrate" for what seems like
forever but maybe it is time we just up and move the whole site :).

I would like to again offer Command Prompt's services in hosting
pgFoundry.

Some key benefits to moving the system to CMD:

1. You can call us
2. You can call us at 3:00 am
3. We have service level monitoring
4. We have a lot of bandwidth
5. All our stuff is on natural gas conditioned power generators

We have proven to be very stable with the Buildfarm and with the archives.
With the only recent problem with either not being at the hands of CMD,
(gentle poke at Andrew).

The longest outage we have had in the last 24 months is four hours for a
single
machine that we had to recover from backup.

The longest outage we have had that was global in the last 24 months
(that wasn't
scheduled) was 90 minutes when we lost a nic in one of our firewalls.

We did recently have a scheduled outage of 4.5 hours but that was from
midnight
to 4:30 while we upgraded some power facilities.

The only change that we would require would be to move the system to Linux.
This should be a very minor change in general and will probably require
very if any work on the Gforge end.

Thoughts, Flames, better suggestions?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake