pgadmin crash issue

From: Daniel Whitter <atwrit(at)aon(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin crash issue
Date: 2006-01-09 22:07:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello,

I've posted this mail to the postgresql general mailing list.
For those of you who don't read it:

I'm new to postgresql and during testing for a script I've found some
curious things.

If I do the following things a bad dump will be created that can't be
restored (using pgadmin3, pg_dump and pg_restore or psql).
There's also a issue that pgadmin crash.

In pgadmin3 do
1) Create a new db ('test_dump')
2) Create a new schema ('test_dump')

3) From schema 'pg_catalog' copy the lines from
CREATE OPERATOR <(... for <(abstime,abstime), <=(abstime,abstime),
=(abstime,abstime), >(abstime,abstime), >=(abstime,abstime)
and paste it in the query window. Write the schema name 'test_dump.'

before the operator sign and execute the query.
I've done this once for each operator.

4) Then copy the lines for operator class 'abstime_ops(btree)' from
schema 'pg_catalog' and paste it in the query window.
Write the schema name 'test_dump.' before the class and remove the
'default'. Then execute the query.

If you click on the created operator class in schema 'test_dump'
you'll get a error message box or on windows pgAdmin will crash.

[...]

greetings,
Daniel Whitter