Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?

From: Alban Hertroys <dalroi(at)solfertje(dot)student(dot)utwente(dot)nl>
To: Sandeep Srinivasa <sss(at)clearsenses(dot)com>
Cc: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Date: 2010-07-30 10:31:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On 29 Jul 2010, at 21:52, Sandeep Srinivasa wrote:

> So what am I driving at ? If you have to time to spare or have the inclination, please please put out blog posts, how-tos, guides which relate to usecases like putting up a blog, setting up an online shop, configuring a popular CRM package, etc. rather than pure DB-centric information. Please put information out there on how to configure Drupal, SugarCRM, Trac,
> Yes, I know to RTFM - but then I see the buzz around MySQL and am swayed.

First, allow me to agree that more documentation about these things would be good.

You should realise though, that the difference in available documentation of such applications is also due to the difference in size of both communities. There are lots and lots of people who deploy MySQL for their purposes, and some write about how they did that. There are relatively few people who've done so for PostgreSQL, and some even wrote about it, but to make up for the difference "we" need to do a lot more writing of articles than those MySQL folks.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4c52aa10286211691277456!