Re: FW: Re[2]: new beginner to postgresql. Looking at

From: Chris Travers <chris(at)metatrontech(dot)com>
To: pamela(at)bizwaves(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Re[2]: new beginner to postgresql. Looking at
Date: 2005-12-28 22:39:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Pamela wrote:

>SQ- ledger.org provided by Dann Corbit has a lot of what I would be looking
>for plus more. The financials would require a budgeted amount plus requires
>budgeted minus actual, plus many computations and configurations so that
>they could at consolidated statements for the churches and separate
>financials. This would have to datamodeled properly and allow for there
>particulars.

Aside from a questionable data model (which is correctable), you could
do pretty much all of this with views and separate installations with SL
in different schemas for the remote locations. YOu would still have to
build in some budgeted amount customizations, but this shouldn't be too
hard.

You could also use SL as a starting point and build a Ruby/PHP front-end
for the custom functionality.

Hope this helps.
Chris Travers

Attachment Content-Type Size