Re: is this a bug or I am blind?

From: Mage <mage(at)mage(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Date: 2005-12-17 19:11:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>

>>Where are we on this?
>>

>Waiting to see if there's any input on what the behavior needs to be.

Actually, "potyty" and "potty" are not equal in Hungarian language. We
use the "tyty" form in complex words. Only data sorting requires the
knowledge that they are neighbours.

I am very afraid of queries when a condition has different meanings in
the select and in the where clause. It is the worst. Even if the "tyty"
and "tty" were same, I couldn't accept the actual behavior of the
indexes, but they are not same.

Mage