Re: Compilation probl with Postgres 7.3.1

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: g(dot)hintermayer(at)inode(dot)at, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compilation probl with Postgres 7.3.1
Date: 2005-12-15 17:18:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Upgrading to 7.3.12 should be a simple make; make install; stop and
restart server. To perform a smooth update, you could consider using
Slony-I to have an up-to-date replication. This would allow you to
switch over virtually seamlessly (if your current machine is big enough,
I doubt it when looking at your pgsql version, could be even on the same
box).

>>PS: please don't send to both mailing list and directly, so I
>>get every mail twice :-(

> That's the convention on all the postgresql.org lists, though you
> shouldn't get multiple copies normally unless you've subscirbe with a
> couple of addresses.

Yeah, to be sure that *you* get the answer, and all people interested
(and for archive's sake) see it too.

Regards,
Andreas