Re: Schema bug

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Guillaume LELARGE <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema bug
Date: 2005-12-14 17:14:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>>I'm still not convinced we need to do anything. Renaming public is
>>highly irregular, and finally showing system objects will make it
>>reappear. The schema restriction allows individual filters
>>who likes it.
>

> Renaming public is irregular, but if we can allow it without breaking
> anything else, then I see no reason why we shouldn't do it.

So for god's sake do implement it, but in general I'm less than inclined
to implement workarounds for people doing weird things to the db. I'm
waiting for the guy who claims that his "was-public" schema suddenly
reapperars in pgadmin, while he just renamed it to have it hidden from
the users.... There *are* admins that deliberately rename pg objects to
hide them from pgadmin's sight.

Regards,
Andreas