Re: Out of memory troubles with version 8.01.01.02

From: Filip Wuytack <filip(at)wuytack(dot)net>
To: Tomas Skäre <tomas(at)nocrew(dot)org>
Cc: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Out of memory troubles with version 8.01.01.02
Date: 2005-12-13 17:03:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,

Thank you all for your prompt replies.

I tried about all the versions I could find (ranging from 7.3.200 to
till 8.1.1.03) and they all gave the same trouble.
Then I tried the latest snapshot, 8.1.1.04,and youhouuuuu, it worked!!!
Me a very happy man.
I'm not sure what you did we these dlls, but I just pulled in a +/- 25
milj row table in sas through the odbc (is against a postgresql 8.0.3
amd64 on freebsd 6.0) and it worked perfectly. Memory consumption never
went over 45M in windows. The table takes up 8.6GB of harddisk space in
windows.

Just for future references (in case someone ever has the same error), I
used the following settings:

PostgreSQL ANSI
with the following options:
- disable genetic optimizer