Re: BUG #2084: Add WIN1253 to CLIENT_ENCODING encodings

From: Stefanos Kozanis <S(dot)Kozanis(at)itia(dot)ntua(dot)gr>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2084: Add WIN1253 to CLIENT_ENCODING encodings
Date: 2005-12-13 09:32:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank you for your attention,

For your convenience, I send you two charts describing
the two (almost similar) encodings in order to use them
when someone works on this bug.

http://www.fileformat.info/info/charset/windows-1253/grid.htm
http://www.fileformat.info/info/charset/ISO-8859-7/grid.htm

The only difference in local symbols between the two
encodings is on the Greek accented capital "A"
(looks like 'A).

Other (non local) win1253 symbols inherit from the
standard win1252 (Latin) encoding.

Thanking you,

Stefanos Kozanis