Re: Schema bug

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Guillaume LELARGE <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema bug
Date: 2005-12-12 22:53:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
>>I had two ways to fix this bug : detect system schemas on
>>their names, or
>>detect public schema by its OID. I think it's better to only
>>keep the public
>>schema with its OID, it's much less risky to have a wrong
>>one. That's what
>>the patch is doing :
>> AND nspname != 'public'
>>is replaced by
>> AND nsp.oid != 2200
>>
>>I still think this patch should be applied.
>
> Does anyone see a reason /not/ to do this?
I'd prefer system-catalogs being excluded by name - preferably the
exclusion-list would be editable, and part of the pgadmin preferences.
Seems more transparent to me - and future-proof, in the sense that
even if a future postgres version chooses to rename some catalog, the
user will be able to just add the new names to the exclusion list.

greetings, Florian Pflug