Re: IE fixes CSS broken on website?

From: Emily Boyd <emily(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IE fixes CSS broken on website?
Date: 2005-12-10 15:13:52
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus,

> I've noticed second-level menus in the left pane are completely
> broken in IE (at least in IE6) if their name is long - the second
> line gets written on top of the first one, making it completely
> unreadable.

Do you have a screenshot/example of where this is happening? I can't
find where this occurs (using IE6 on Win XP).

> Ive noticed two rows in iefixes.css that are related to this, because
> if I take them out completely, it looks fine again in IE6. However,
> I'm a bit relucant to do this without actually understanding it.
> What are these lines supposed to fix in the first place? Is ripping
> them out the righ tthing to do, or will that break other things?

I don't remember why those lines are there, but I'm sure there's a good
reason :)

I'll see if I can figure out what they're doing and if they're safe to
change/remove to fix the overlapping text issue you've described.

Emily