Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Date: 2005-12-08 17:37:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc, All,

> IMHO ... the big mistake was not creating a 'pgdn' project on pgfoundry,
> instead of piggy backing on the kennigres one like is being done ...
> piggy back like that gives the impression that a decision has been made
> to use that project ...

Just so you're aware: Deleting a project off of pgFoundry is a painful
process requring admin time on the server command line. As the
interitor of the SF.net code, GForge just never devoted much attention
to dropping projects (SF.net has a policy never to do so).

So I wasn't about to start a new project which might be quickly
discarded. This will be true of other efforts in the future, as well
... we just don't want to use a pgFoundry project for something temporary.

--Josh